Does Chinese telecom giant Huawei have ties to the People’s Liberation Army?
Jan Jekielek sits down with Steve Bannon to discuss how the Chinese communist elites have gained power and wealth through access to Western capital and technology and used that power to stifle dissent and advance their self-serving global ambitions.
Steve Bannon is former White House chief strategist to President Donald Trump and former executive chairman of Breitbart News. He is also the Co-Founder of the Committee on the Present Danger: China.
Is it still worth it to do business in China?
Published on Aug 24, 2019
by The Epoch Times
Chinese business model is simple.
- The Chinese government lets western businesses open factories in China. Western companies like it because labor is cheap.
- The Chinese government asks western businesses to transfer their technology to Chinese partners. (In many sectors, Beijing will only let foreign firms operate through joint ventures in which Chinese partners have the majority stake.)
- The Chinese partners of western businesses use newly acquired technology to create “their product,” and manufacture it using laborers trained by, guess who, western businesses.
- The Chinese partners of western businesses export “new” cheaper product all over the world, creating competition for other western companies.
- Other western businesses, which don’t have factories in China, can’t compete. They ask the Chinese government for permission to open a factory in China.
- The Chinese government lets other western businesses open factories in China. The western companies like it because labor is cheap.
Rinse and repeat. As many times as possible.
I know this is extremely simplified explanation, but…
Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication.Leonardo da Vinci
And I feel very, very smart right now.
Thank You For Reading