President Donald Trump doesn’t hold back when denouncing the Democrat-led impeachment process in a strongly worded letter to Speaker of the House Nancy Pelosi.
(Tuesday, December 17, 2019)
I write to express my strongest and most powerful protest against the partisan impeachment crusade being pursued by Democrats in the House of Representatives. The impeachment represents an unprecedented and unconstitutional abuse of power by Democrat Lawmakers, unequaled in nearly two and a half centuries of American legislative history.Donald J. Trump
President of the United States of America
The full letter from President Trump to House Speaker Nancy Pelosi.
Just a few highlights pulled from the President’s letter.
- You have cheapened the importance of the very ugly word, impeachment.
- [Y]ou are violating your oat of office, you are breaking your allegiance to the Constitution, and you are declaring open war on American Democracy.
- “Abuse of Power,” is a completely disingenuous, meritless, and baseless invention of your imagination.
- You have developed a full-fledged case of what many in the media call Trump Derangement Syndrome.
- This is nothing more than illegal, partisan attempted coup[.]
The last thought.
Donald Trump indicates that he has no expectations that Pelosi would be influenced by his letter. So why to bother and write one? There’s a simple explanation. The letter isn’t intended for Nancy Pelosi or the Democrats in Congress. President Trump’s letter is directed to the American people.
Thank You For Reading